Every successful individual or company with ethics knows that his or her achievements depend on a community of persons working together. This is exactly what Kampala Independent Hospital (KIH) is emulating, and for the second time round, it has opted to be a Gold Sponsor of the Ugandan Convention.
Kampala Independent Hospital (KIH) is wholly owned by one of the most successful Ugandans based in the UK. KIH is part of a multinational firm that specialises in healthcare management with operation outfits in London, New York and Florida, USA.
The hospital sees patients from all walks of life and from most parts of Africa. KIH uses the latest techniques and most advanced technologies to solve medical cases and diagnostic problems. More importantly than using the latest technology, however, is a firm belief that a team approach to solving medical cases provides superior results.
The vast resources of KIH provide access to advanced 21st century technology that is not available to most hospitals in Africa because of costs. But the true secret to KIH’s success is effective use of its team. It not only has access to multiple surgical and medical specialties, but KIH physicians and staff between them speak more than 50 languages which helps in translation and understanding of culturally diverse patient groups that come from Sudan, Democratic Republic of Congo, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Ethiopia, all corners of Uganda and expatriates community that reside in the regions.
In addition, patients have only to walk down the next room for a specialty consultation as opposed to having to travel to another hospital across the country. Being part of a multinational outfit, KIH attracts exceptional professionals from all over the country and around the world, for whom financial compensation is of less importance than in private practice, since KIH physicians and consultants are salaried. There is no financial motivation to order any but only the most relevant tests or to make necessary referrals.
About the Convention UK
The Ugandan Convention UK (UCU), has become one of the year’s largest Ugandan focused investor events in London. The summit, in partnership with Uganda Investment Authority, has high level support from the Ugandan government and business leaders, the UK government and the Diaspora business community.
With the high profile speakers including Uganda Prime Minister, Queen of Buganda, Deputy Governor, Lords, ministers all presenting on a high-level plenary, UCU brings together leaders of business and high level government officials who are all actively seeking inward investment.
Most importantly, business leaders, ministers and CEO’s of private and state owned companies will be presenting bankable projects in various sectors to delegates of banks and financial institutions, investors and financiers, multilateral organisations, trade associations, business consultants, agriculture/agribusiness, exporters and importers, manufacturers and franchisers, distributors, legal experts, credit and political risk insurers, real estate developers, EAC Diaspora and regional /local authorities, fund managers, private equity firms, institutional investors and corporate representatives.
Uganda Convention UK – A Trade & Investment Forum
T: (+44) 207 237 7317 | M: (+44) 7790 647089 | Twitter: @UGConventionUK | W: www.ugandanconventionuk.org
F: ugandan.conventionuk | LinkedIn: Uganda Convention UK | YouTube: ugandansinuk
Uganda: Bernard Magulu: 00256 754410559 | E: email@example.com
5th Uganda-UK Convention
Date: Saturday, 12 September 2015
Venue: Troxy, 490 Commercial Rd, E1 0HX London UK
Confirmed speakers include:
- Gues of Honour: Rt. Hon. Dr Ruhakana Rugunda, Uganda Prime Minister
- Chief Guest, Her Royal Highness Sylvia Nagginda Nnabagereka Queen of Buganda
- Lord Sheikh
- Dr. Louis Kasekende, Deputy Governor, BOU
- His Imperial Majesty Emperor Chris Baywood Ibe
- Honourable A. Aporu Christine, Minister for Teso Affairs, Office of the Prime Minister
- Honourable Ernest Kiiza, Minister of State for Bunyoro Affairs, Office of the Prime Minister
- Hon Cecilia Ogwal, the Oppositional Chief Whip
- Hon. Rebecca Amuge Otengo, Minister of State Northern Uganda Rehabilitation
- Hon. Wafula Oguttu, Leader of Opposition in Parliament
- Hon. Nekesa Barbara Oundo, Minister of state for Karamoja Affairs
- Hon.Kataike Sarah Ndoboli, Minister of State for Luwero Triangle
- Kishan Devani LLB (Hons), Deputy Chairman (Finance) of the Conservative Party (London)
- Mrs. Jennifer Semakula Musisi, Executive Director-KCCA
- HE Professor Joyce Kikafunda
- HE Nimisha Madhvani
- H.E. Ambassador Mirjam Blaak Sow
- Dr. Benon Mutambi, CEO, Electricity Regulatory Authority
- Doris Akol, Commissioner General-URA
- Mr. Ismail Ahmed, the Founder and CEO of WorldRemit
- Mr Ian Harrison, UK Trade & Investment-Regional Director
- Hon. Kasamba Mathias, Chairperson- Parliament Committee on Agriculture…
- Nuradin Osman, MD, Africa & Middle East for AGCO ( Massey Ferguson)
- Dr. Eng. Frank Sebbowa, CEO-Uganda Investment Authority
- Hon. Maria Nalubega
- And many more