Welcome Message by the Hosting High Commissioner, Her Excellency Professor Joyce Kakuramatsi Kikafunda, Head of Mission, London
I take this opportunity to welcome you all very warmly to the 5th Uganda-UK Trade and Investment Convention. In a special way, I would like to welcome Our Guest of Honour, the Prime Minister of the Republic of Uganda, Rt. Hon. Ruhakana Rugunda; our Chief Guest, the Nnabagereka of Buganda, Her Royal Highness Sylvia Nagginda and all the distinguished speakers at this important Trade and Investment Forum.
I have had the privilege of being with you at the previous conventions, and I can say that they get more impressive by the year. The Government of Uganda recognises and values highly the significant contribution the Diaspora makes to the development of their country of origin.
I bring you warm greetings from the Uganda High Commission, London. Our main mandate is to promote and protect Uganda’s interests in the UK and Ireland. This includes nurturing the good bilateral relationship between Uganda and the two countries; promoting Trade, Investment, Technology and Skills transfer and Tourism to Uganda and; assisting Ugandans in the Diaspora in their social and economic endeavours. You are welcome to access the Mission for services such as renewing passports, getting visas, verification of documents and obtaining current information on Uganda.
As you are aware, our Vision 2040 aspires that we totally transform ourselves from a peasant and backward economy to a prosperous, upper- middle income economy in 30 years. This requires total commitment from all Ugandans, both in the country and outside in the Diaspora, to work hand-in-hand with the Government to achieve this transformation, with support from our Development Partners and Friends of Uganda. The priority sectors have been identified as Energy, Agriculture and Agri-business, Infrastructure, Manufacturing, Services, Oil and Gas, Mining and Tourism. Fortunately, a firm foundation is already in place. Uganda has one of the most stable and one of the fastest growing economies on the African continent with an average annual GDP growth of 6.5% for the last two decades. Government is fully committed to making the Private sector, where most of you fall, the engine of growth of our economy. The economy is fully liberalised; what remains is for investors to commit themselves and invest. It is a win-win situation; the investors get their profit and the nation gets jobs, taxes, technology, skills and services and overall sustainable development.
I would like to extend my sincere appreciation to the Chairman of the Uganda-UK Trade and Investment Conventions, Mr. Willy Mutenza, the Steering and Organising Committees for the hard work and commitment. I would also like to thank the Government of Uganda and Uganda Investment Authority for supporting these Conventions. I wish you all an impact-filled and exciting 5th Uganda-UK Trade and Investment Convention. I would like to assure you that the High Commission, London is happy and willing to work with you for the development of our motherland.
For God and my Country.
Her Excellency Professor Joyce Kakuramatsi Kikafunda, Head of Mission, London
5th Uganda-UK Convention
Date: Saturday, 12 September 2015
Venue: Troxy, 490 Commercial Rd, E1 0HX London UK
Confirmed speakers includes:
- Guest of Honour: Rt. Hon. Dr Ruhakana Rugunda, Uganda Prime Minister
- Chief Guest, Her Royal Highness Sylvia Nagginda Nnabagereka Queen of Buganda
- Lord Sheikh
- His Imperial Majesty Emperor Chris Baywood Ibe
- Kishan Devani LLB (Hons), Deputy Chairman (Finance) of the Conservative Party (London)
- Mr. Ismail Ahmed, the Founder and CEO of WorldRemit
- Mr Ian Harrison, UK Trade & Investment-Regional Director
- Nuradin Osman, MD, Africa & Middle East for AGCO ( Massey Ferguson)
- Rt. Hon. Dr Ruhakana Rugunda, Uganda Prime Minister
- Dr. Louis Kasekende, Deputy Governor, BOU
- Honourable A. Aporu Christine, Minister for Teso Affairs, Office of the Prime Minister
- Honourable Ernest Kiiza, Minister of State for Bunyoro Affairs, Office of the Prime Minister
- Hon Cecilia Ogwal, the Oppositional Chief Whip
- Hon. Rebecca Amuge Otengo, Minister of State Northern Uganda Rehabilitation
- Hon. Wafula Oguttu, Leader of Opposition in Parliament
- Hon. Nekesa Barbara Oundo, Minister of state for Karamoja Affairs
- Hon.Kataike Sarah Ndoboli, Minister of State for Luwero Triangle
- HE Professor Joyce Kikafunda, High Commissioner to the UK
- Ambassador Nimisha Madhvani, Uganda Ambassador to France
- Ambassador Ambassador Mirjam Blaak Sow, Uganda Ambassador to Belgium
- Dr. Benon Mutambi, CEO, Electricity Regulatory Authority
- Doris Akol, Commissioner General-URA
- Hon. Kasamba Mathias, Chairperson- Parliament Committee on Agriculture…
- Dr. Eng. Frank Sebbowa, CEO-Uganda Investment Authority
- Hon. Maria Nalubega
- Hon.Mr. Fungaroo Kaps Hassan
- Ambassador James WL Kinobe, Ambassador to the Democratic Republic of Congo,
- Jackie Guma Bukaayi, Parliament of Uganda
- Hon. Fred Mukasa Mbidde
- Ms. Christine Guwatudde Kintu, Permanent Secretary, Office of the Prime Minister
- Ms. Ketty Lamaro, Under Secretary (Pacification and Development), Office of the Prime Minister
Download 2015 brochure | Register: http://5thugandaukconvention.eventbrite.co.uk/