We are pleased to welcome The Institute of Corporate Governance of Uganda (ICGU) as our new UCUK2018 exhibitor.
The Uganda convention UK is pleased to welcome The Institute of Corporate Governance of Uganda (ICGU) to the 2018 UK-Uganda Trade and Investment Convention (UCUK), which will take place on the 15th of Sept at Troxy-London.
The Institute of Corporate Governance of Uganda (ICGU) was incorporated in December 1998 as a company limited by guarantee and was officially launched in October 2000. ICGU is a not-for-profit organization established in Uganda to foster the corporate governance values of accountability, transparency, integrity and responsibility. The Institute derives its mandate from the Memorandum and Articles of Association and it is governed by an 11- member Council and a Secretariat headed by a Chief Executive Officer. Its membership cuts across all sectors and embraces both individual and corporate members.
Corporate Governance is a fundamental block and an engine of growth to any organization’s success. It enhances a Country’s attraction to local and foreign investments which we as a Nation would like to attract.
This has formed a basis for the Institutes’ mandate to work with Organizations to enhance the Corporate Governance values in their policy framework.
The Institute has a vision to uphold international best practice in corporate governance by 2020 and to promote excellence in corporate governance principles and practice.
The Institute’s strategic focus embodies five key objectives;
- Building national capacity in corporate governance;
- Broad communication and awareness;
- Advocacy for targeted laws and policies to enhance corporate governance;
- Membership development and;
- Sustainability of ICGU as an organization.
Ugandan UK Convention, a Trade and Investment Forum has now become firmly established as an annual event in the UK.
The forum brings together experts, business leaders, professionals and representatives from prominent organisations based in Uganda, the UK and beyond. Delegates have access to up-to-date information on the vast potential for investment that Uganda offers to both the domestic and international community. They can acquire business tips, obtain relevant literature on priority sectors for investment, take part in an interactive Q & A session and hear about the realities of doing business in Uganda. The convention participants will be able to:
- Meet and network with African and UK professionals marketing goods for global markets
- Market your services and products to delegates and visitors on the day
- Meet business leaders to discuss the major developments, challenges and success stories
- Gain competitive advantage over competitors, broadening your marketing strategy
- Network with like-minded businesses
- Develop business partnerships with potential business partners both in the UK and abroad
- Meet potential investors in order to identify funding options
- Explore new markets for products and services
- Identify reliable suppliers
The Convention in UK offer authoritative insight on development trends and opportunities in Uganda with core Our objectives that encompass:
- “Control the Narrative: Uganda is the Land of Opportunity”: Pivoting the role of the Ugandan Diaspora from family remitters to financial and social investors
- Support Ugandan and UK businesses in bilateral trade, business and investment
- Create a platform for trade, business and investment between Uganda and Europe (UK) and promote and facilitate access to trade opportunities in Uganda (East Africa) for Ugandan and European (UK) investors, including one-to-one meetings
- To maintain a dialogue with business organisations who can promote trade opportunities in Uganda, including the Federation of Small Businesses, Chambers of Commerce, the Institute of Directors, the Confederation of British Industry and the City of London;
- Promote Ugandan exports and identify export opportunities, so that the export earnings close the gap with the import demand and promote the transformation of Uganda from a current consuming nation into a producing nation. We will also engage closely with the Ministry of Finance and Investment Authority in Uganda for advice and information.
- Encourage investments in the key sectors, i.e. education, health, infrastructure, agriculture, housing, sports, tourism and many more.
- Exhibit and celebrate the rich diversity of their cultural heritage and encourage Ugandans to be more active as ambassadors for Uganda’s culture – food, clothes, social life etc.