Presentation on Uganda’s energy sector updates
• The rationale behind oil and gas development in Uganda – the consequences of energy poverty
• How is Gridworks/UK Government contributing to industrial development in Uganda/Africa
• Independence in regulation is key for energy sector development – how is ERA achieving this?
• How is UNOC spearheading involvement of Ugandans in oil and gas?
• Does the current tax regime support development of the energy sector in Uganda?
Video highlights/updates on key projects currently under implementation.
– Solar Water Pumping Systems Project
– Kabaale Airport Project
– Namanve Industrial Park Project
– Gridworks Transmission Financing
Moderator: Eric Olanya, Country Director, Gridworks Development Partners LLP
– Jimmy Mugerwa, Chaiman DFC Bank
– Simon Hodson, CEO, Gridworks Development Partners LLP
– Andrew Bamanya, Director & LDNL Project Director
– Gerry Cawley, Director Lagan DOTT Namanve Limited
Date: 09 Sept 2023 | Time: 09:00 – 01:00. (With After Party) | Venue: TBC
Join prominent industry leaders, investors and ministers from the UK and East Africa to forge new business deals, invest in bankable projects and reinforce economic relationships between the UK and Uganda, including the East African Community.
The theme of the 2023 Convention is “Opportunities in East Africa”
The targeted sectors for this trade summit include:
1. Oil and Gas and Renewable Energy;
4. Real Estate;
7. Health and
8. Tourism and anything else in the Oil, infrastructure ecosystem you care to think about.
• Bankable Projects: https://ugandanconventionuk.org/UgandaBankableProjects2022_2023.pdf
• Registration: https://ugandauksummit.com/
Twitter Hashtag: #ucuk2023