Uganda’s Vice President, Hon.Edward Ssekandi will be the Guest of Honour at the second Ugandan UK convention and will be addressing Ugandans in the Diaspora, investors and friends of Uganda on 15th September 2012 at Troxy, 490 Commercial Road, London E1 0HX.
This one day investment and trade conference will run alongside the 2nd Ugandan Convention UK. The conference will be promoting Uganda as a preferred investment destination in Africa. It will offer a premier learning platform to present new perspectives, ‘feel the pulse’ of doing business in Uganda, network, build new partnerships and strengthen existing alliances with the right business partners at the highest level.
The convention is also an opportunity to celebrate Uganda’s Golden Jubilee, as well as a reflection as to how far the country has come and the role of the diaspora in Uganda’s development.
Among confirmed speakers includes
- The Rt. Hon Rebecca Kadaga, Speaker of Parliament Republic of Uganda
- Hon. Tress Bucyanayandi, Minister of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries
- Hon. Daudi Migereko, Minister of Lands, Housing and Urban Development
- Hon. Sam Engola, Minister of State for Housing
- Baroness Lynda Chalker, founder Africa Matters Limited (AML)
- Hon. Oryem Okello, Minister of State For Foreign Affairs
- Mr Elly Karuhanga, President Tullow Oil – Uganda
- Jennifer S. Musisi, Executive Director of the Kampala Capital City Authority
- Maggie Kigozi,MD, Kitchen and Office Concepts
- Hon. Gerald K. Karuhanga, Member of Parliament Youth Western Uganda
- Mr. M Kigozi, Executive Director Uganda Manufacturers Association
- Eric Guichard, the Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Homestrings
- Dr. Andrew Ggunga Seguya, Executive Director Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA)
- Dr. Samuel Mugasi, Executive Director, NAADS
- Jolly K. Kaguhangire, Assistant Commissioner Uganda Revenue Arthority
- and many others