The organisers of the Ugandan UK Convention are happy to welcome WorldRemit as the Platinum sponsors of the 6th Ugandan UK Convention taking place on 10th September 2016 at the Luxury Troxy Arena 490 Commercial Road, London, E1 0HX.
This summit will provide attendees with the strategies, techniques and tools that you need to successful do business in Uganda. The event will focus on the leading industries within the country – namely; Energy, Utilities, Transport, Manufacturing and Agriculture – it will explore key opportunities available when venturing into this highly lucrative space, as well as assessing the challenges involved and how to overcome come them successfully.
WorldRemit an online service that lets people send money to friends and family in U. Customers can use WorldRemit anywhere, anytime on their smartphone, tablet or computer. For those receiving money, WorldRemit offers a range of options including bank deposit, cash collection, Mobile Money, and mobile airtime top-up.
With low fees and guaranteed exchange rates, WorldRemit is bringing fair, transparent pricing to the money transfer industry.
WorldRemit customers can now send money instantly to MTN Mobile Money wallets in Rwanda, Uganda and Zambia.
In Uganda, Mobile Money has already overtaken cash pick-up and bank deposits as the preferred method to receive money. “We expect this trend to continue as MTN’s Mobile Money services reach millions of people without bank accounts, giving them access to a variety of life-enhancing financial services including savings and insurance schemes.” said Alix Murphy, Senior Mobile Analyst at WorldRemit.
MTN Mobile Money enables users to perform utility payments, save money, purchase airtime and access a range of mobile financial products.
Uganda-UK Convention is now the largest Ugandan focused event in Europe attracting over 2000 delegates.
The event help delegates to:
- Gain on-the-ground insight into Uganda’s latest trends, opportunities and challenges directly from the world’s top business, policy moguls, and fund managers at the top-level Conference Programme
- Meet face-to-face with high-profile Ugandan ministers, business leaders, industry experts, entrepreneurs and government agencies
- Panel discussions on Energy, Utilities, Transport, Manufacturing and Agriculture, logistics and finance
- Hear case studies and insights from some of Uganda’s leading businessmen and investors
- Do business with all stakeholders, such as investors, operators, developers, consultants, financiers, governments and project owners
- Build relationships and forge business-to-business and business-to-government partnerships
- Explore financing options and investment opportunities and network with end investors looking for investment opportunities in Uganda.
- Share perspectives, expertise and experience with other professionals who are developing new and better business in Uganda
- Discover 100+ bankable projects in Uganda