The Uganda-UK Trade Summit is now the largest Uganda-UK focused trade and investment summit in the UK, is schedule on Saturday 10 Sept 2022 at the Park Plaza London Riverbank, 18 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7TJ.
UCUK2022 is excited to partner UK Export Finance (UKEF) the UK’s export credit agency (ECA) and a government department, strategically and operationally aligned with the Department for International Trade.
UKEF advance prosperity by ensuring no viable UK export fails for lack of finance or insurance, doing that sustainably and at no net cost to the taxpayer. Help UK companies:
- Win export contracts by providing attractive financing terms to their buyers
- Fulfil export contracts by supporting working capital loans and contract bonds
- Get paid for export contracts by providing insurance against buyer default
UKEF exist to complement, not compete with, the private sector and work with around 100 private credit insurers and lenders. Help to make exports happen which otherwise might not, helping UK exporters and their supply chains grow their business overseas. In this way, UKEF provide security of support through economic cycles and market disruptions.
UKEF’s support unlocks financing for major and vital projects in Africa. New hospitals, major interstate roads, industrial parks, airports and sustainable sources of electricity are being developed in Africa thanks to projects with UKEF backing.
UKEF support for Africa now stands at £4.6 billion
UKEF’s offer for Uganda
UKEF has appetite of up to £2 billion to support projects that contain UK exports into Uganda. All economy sectors are supported for capital goods, services as well as intangibles. UKEF can support both public and private sector transactions.
Uganda is a strong market for UKEF with over £500 million worth of projects supported, and a strong deal pipeline. Some examples include:
- Kabaale airport: €270 million Direct Lending Facility for the construction of a new international airport by Colas UK in the Kabaale region. This was the first major project UKEF supported in Uganda supporting work on the construction of the runway, taxiway, cargo terminal.
- Namanve Industrial Park: €219 million Buyer Credit Facility (60%) and Direct Lending Facility (40%) for the development of Namanve Industrial Park by the Lagan Group which, once completed, will support 200,000 jobs for Ugandans and improve GDP. The UK content unlocked include material supplies, M&E Plant and Equipment, design, marketing, economic analysis, site investigation, management and quality control.
12TH UGANDA-UK Trade and Investment Summit
Theme “Explore Investment Opportunities in Uganda”
Message by H.E. President Museveni to the British Food Importers. https://youtu.be/Or76tXn5e_8
- Registration: https://ugandauksummit.com/
- Programme and Brochure: https://www.ugandanconventionuk.org/
Bankable Projects: https://ugandanconventionuk.org/UgandaBankableProjects%202022_2023.pdf