Client: Uganda Wildlife Authority
Investors are invited to partner with the Uganda Wildlife Authority to develop business opportunities existing at the Murchison Falls Conservation Area (MFCA).
Location of site: North West Uganda
Description of project site: The area comprises of Murchison Falls National Park , Bugungu and Karuma Falls Wildlife Reserves. This is where the River Nile explodes through a narrow gorge to become a placid river whose banks teem with hippos, crocodiles, waterbucks and buffaloes. A variety of wildlife is found in the park, drawing hundreds of tourists.
Tourist activities at MFCA
• Long distance walking safaris and fly-camp accommodation on the northern bank
• Night game drives especially on the south bank of the Nile
• Interpretation centre and accommodation facilities at Budongo and Pabidi forest
• Picnic sites and view point at Waringo escarpment
• White water rafting between Karuma and Murchison falls
Investment opportunities at MFCA
There are opportunities to develop accommodation facilities in the following areas;
• Mid-end and budget accommodation facilities in Masindi, Pakwach, Karuma and Arua towns
• Luxury tented camps at community areas in Bugungu and Bullisa
• Upmarket accommodation facility and hotel in Purongo
• Safari bush camp within Kabwoya and bugungu wildlife reserves
• Upmarket hotel and picnic site at Butiaba – the area has beautiful white sand and fishing activities
Establishment of facilities at Stop Overs
• Partner with fuel service stations to establish fast food restaurants, wash rooms and sales stores at Wobulenzi, Migyera and Masindi
• Develop a restaurant, wash room and curio shop at the Kafu River Bridge junction
• Build commercial, residential accommodation and office blocks in two plots at Masindi town by Uganda Wildlife Authority.
For further information on these opportunities contact the Uganda Investment Authority.
Key contact: Issa Mukasa
Director, Investment Promotion Division