[biginfopane title=”Venue: Park Plaza London Riverbank, 18 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7TJ” href=”https://ucuk2022.eventbrite.co.uk” buttontitle=”Register”]Please, we advise to reserve your hotel room early: https://www.radissonhotels.com/en-us/hotels/park-plaza-london-riverbank/contact#entity-map[/biginfopane]
Participants will have access to all of the same great content and experts you have come to expect from the biggest Ugandan calendar Convention in UK.
The forum (UCUK) is organised in support with Lord Popat (UK Trade Envoy to Uganda, DRC and Rwanda), the Department for International Trade (Kampala), Uganda Investment Authority and Uganda’s High Commissioner to the UK.
The event will focus on sub sector including Topic: Manufacturing and infrastructural development, Agribusiness, Renewable Energy, Real Estate, Digital Technology, Financing Start-Ups, Public-Private Partnerships, Women in Business, Healthcare and Fintech.
Uganda has undergone major economic transformation and is an attractive market for global investors and businesses. In fact, Uganda emerged in the IMF top 10 fastest growing economies for 2019 and exciting emerging markets which to invest in. With a population of about 38 million people, GDP Growth of 5.8%, coupled with Pivotal Regional Trade partnerships: East African Community (5 member states), Great Lakes (4 member states), COMESA (19 member states) – exporters have access to this critical market of 489 million, Uganda is a market not to be overlooked.
Uganda offers British businesses and investors lots of opportunities. With a population of about 38 million people, GDP Growth of 5.8%, coupled with Pivotal Regional Trade partnerships: East African Community (5 member states), Great Lakes (4 member states), COMESA (19 member states) – exporters have access to this critical market of 489 million.
The Convention 2022 will therefore highlight key aspects of the following thematic discussion areas:
- What are the key opportunities available when venturing into this highly lucrative space?
- What strategies, techniques and tools needed to succeed doing business in Uganda
- The role of Ugandan women in sustainable economic development
- Bilateral trade arrangements between UK and Uganda
- The role of Ugandan Asians in UK, Diasporas in the development of Uganda
- Increasing UK’s exports and attracting UK investment into Uganda
- Agribusiness in Uganda; food security and value addition
- Case studies and challenges doing business in Uganda
The focus on these issues will help provide a wider platform for stakeholder participation and emphasize the critical issues in each area.
The objectives of the Convention are:
- To promote and facilitate international trade between Uganda and UK.
- Create a platform for trade, business and investment between Uganda and Europe (UK) and promote and facilitate access to trade opportunities in Uganda (East Africa) for Ugandan and European (UK) investors, including one-to-one meetings
- To maintain a dialogue with business organisations who can promote trade opportunities in Uganda, including the Federation of Small Businesses, Chambers of Commerce, the Institute of Directors, the Confederation of British Industry and the City of London.
- Promote Ugandan exports and identify export opportunities, so that the export earnings close the gap with the import demand and promote the transformation of Uganda from a current consuming nation into a producing nation. We will also engage closely with the Ministry of Finance and Investment Authority in Uganda for advice and information.
- Encourage investments in the key sectors, i.e., education, health, infrastructure, agriculture, housing, sports, tourism and many more.
- Seek investment opportunities in public and private organizations within Uganda, the United Kingdom and Europe and inform Ugandans in the Diaspora about such opportunities
We have always taken pride in the fact that UCUK forum brings together experts, business leaders, professionals and representatives from prominent organisations based in Uganda, the UK and beyond.
For any further information please contact:
Uganda Convention-UK Team | WhatsApp +447950 285 493 | M: (+44) 7790 647089
W: www.ugandanconventionuk.org | E: firstname.lastname@example.org