Gerald Karuhanga has not been anxious to tell people of what he has accomplished because he feels that the story of his life has not been of significant achievements. Gerald was born 14th July 1982 at Itojo, a tiny village in Ntungamo district, Uganda.
He has attained a Diploma in Legal Practice from Law Development Centre and a Bachelor of Laws degree from Makerere University, and while there he was elected Guild Speaker, and subsequently Guild President [chairman of the students union]. He also served as the National Speaker of the Uganda National Students Association. One thing you cannot miss on first interface with him is that one of his most developed faculties is that of oratory expression. Gerald founded the National Youth Think Tank-Uganda, and he currently represents youths from Western Uganda in Uganda Parliament. Gerald a member of parliamentary committees on Finance, Planning and Economic Development and the Public Accounts Committee serving as its lead counsel,also chairs the African Parliamentarians Network Against Corruption-Uganda chapter, and has been at the forefront of the famous oil debate prevailing in the Ugandan Parliament.
Let us not create our fortunes on the misfortunes of others!
About the Convention
This is a one day investment and trade conference will run alongside the 2nd Ugandan Convention UK. The conference will be promoting Uganda as a preferred investment destination in Africa. It will offer a premier learning platform to present new perspectives, ‘feel the pulse’ of doing business in Uganda, network, build new partnerships and strengthen existing alliances with the right business partners at the highest level.
The convention is also an opportunity to celebrate Uganda’s Golden Jubilee, as well as a reflection as to how far the country has come and the role of the diaspora in Uganda’s development.
Confirmed speakers includes
- Hon.Edward Ssekandi, H.E. The Vice President of Uganda
- Hon. Tress Bucyanayandi (MP), Minister of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries
- The Rt. Hon Rebecca Kadaga, Speaker of Parliament Republic of Uganda
- Baroness Lynda Chalker, founder Africa Matters Limited (AML)
- Hon. Daudi Migereko, Minister of Lands, Housing and Urban Development
- Hon. Sam Engola, Minister of State for Housing
- Mr Elly Karuhanga, President Tullow Oil – Uganda
- Hon. Oryem Okello, Minister of State For Foreign Affairs
- Jennifer S. Musisi, Executive Director of the Kampala Capital City Authority
- Maggie Kigozi, MD, Kitchen and Office Concepts
- Hon. Gerald K. Karuhanga, Member of Parliament Youth Western Uganda
- Mr. M Kigozi, Executive Director Uganda Manufacturers Association
- Eric Guichard, the Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Homestrings
- Dr. Andrew Ggunga Seguya, Executive Director Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA)
- Dr. Samuel Mugasi, Executive Director, NAADS
- Jolly K. Kaguhangire, Assistant Commissioner Uganda Revenue Arthority
- and many others