Prof. Pamela Mbabazi
Pamela Mbabazi is a Professor of Development Studies and currently the Executive Chair, National Planning Authority, Government of the Republic of Uganda. Previously, Prof. Mbabazi served as Head of Research for the GIZ supported Africa Peace & Security Program at the Institute for Peace & Security Studies, Addis Ababa University. Prior to that, Mbabazi served as the Dean of Development Studies at Mbarara University (1998–2010), where she established the Faculty of Development Studies.
DAY 1 - 10 SEPT 2022 UK – UCUK PROGRAMME Day 01 - 10 SEPT 2022 – UCUK PROGRAMME
Doing Business in Uganda (East Africa), Cross border Trading, Access to UK Supply Chain, Partnerships and Projects Financing
Partnering with London Chamber of Commerce and DIT to leverage Private Sector participation in Uganda
- How can UK increase institutional investment into Uganda
- Given UK's financing offer at hand, where will it be best placed to support Uganda? ( Pamela Mbabazi, Chairperson National Planning Authority)
This session will highlight the UK’s financing offer and how projects can be supported.
Geopolitical outlook: Mapping an increasingly complex financing landscape.
- What are the UK plans to boost investment in East Africa (Uganda)?
- Could the evolving geopolitical outlook impact the availability of funding for East African infrastructure, and will this be to the gain of those conducting short term trade deals? With China seemingly set to reduce exposure to large projects, which private and developmental financing players sectors are poised to play a role in East African trade and infrastructure development?
- Sharing the success of the Aga Khan Development Network in various investment sectors in Uganda. What are the challenges and where do you see opportunities? (Amin Mawji OBE (Aga Khan Development Network), Private Sector Insight)
Networking | Lunch Break and Exhibition | One on One meetings with government officials