Hon. Ruth Ssentamu Nankabirwa
Hon. Ruth Nankabirwa Sentamu is the Minister of Energy and Mineral Development a position she has held effective June 2021. Before that, she was the Government Chief Whip, a position she was appointed to in 2015. She has previously served as State Minister for Fisheries, State Minister for Microfinance, State Minister for Defence and State Minister for Luwero Triangle.
In 1994 through 1995, she served as a delegate to the Constituent Assembly that enacted the 1995 Constitution for the Republic of Uganda.
Hon. Ruth Nankabirwa Sentamu holds a Masters of Arts Degree in Conflict Studies, and a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Fine Art, both from Makerere University. She hails from Kiboga District, and was the District Woman Representative from 1996 – 2021.
DAY 1 - 10 SEPT 2022 UK – UCUK PROGRAMME Day 01 - 10 SEPT 2022 – UCUK PROGRAMME
Session 2 – Oil and Gas | Energy Opportunities and Infrastructure in Uganda
- Oil and Gas | Energy Opportunities and Infrastructure in Uganda
Presentation on Uganda’s energy sector updates
- The rationale behind oil and gas development in Uganda – the consequences of energy poverty
- How is Gridworks/UK Government contributing to industrial development in Uganda/Africa
- Independence in regulation is key for energy sector development – how is ERA achieving this?
- What can Uganda’s oil sector learn from Nigeria?
- How is UNOC spearheading involvement of Ugandans in oil and gas?
- Does the current tax regime support development of the energy sector in Uganda?
One on One meetings with Key government officials from oil sector
- Coordinated by: Eric Olanya and Louis Arinaitwe