Hon. Nayebare Sylvia
Sylvia Nayebale, (born 22 November 1990) is a Ugandan journalist, businesswoman and politician, who serves as the incumbent Member of Parliament representing the Gomba District Women Constituency in the 10th Ugandan Parliament (2016 to 2021). She was re elected in 2021 in the same position.
Background and education
She was born on 22 November 1990, in Gomba District, in the Buganda Region of Uganda. She attended local schools for her primary education. She studied at Nabisunsa Girls' Secondary School for her O-Level and A-Level schooling. In 2008, she was admitted to Makerere University, Uganda's oldest and largest public university, graduating in 2011, with a Bachelor of Mass Communication degree.
DAY 1 - 08 SEPT 2023 Afternoon | Agribusiness | Coffee Session
AN AUDIENCE WITH LEGISLATORS;
Investors evaluating political risks consider:
- the host state’s political and regulatory stability, both in the short and longterm, including its position on the corruption index, electoral history, thestrength of its public institutions and its history of changes to policies.
- How are Ugandan legislators assisting in the adoption of favourable laws forinvestors, and what are they?
- How lawmakers reassure investors on the politics as a consequence ofnational political events such as constitutional referendums, elections, orimportant policy changes such as Uganda's recent Anti-LGBT-Law, whichhas led in development partners such as World Bank suspending theirfunding.
- Changes in laws or policy may potentially pose a political risk to acompany.
- Investments seen as connected to governments are often the ones most atrisk during any political unrest – with opposition groups targetinginvestments in strategic sectors to pressure sitting governments.
How does the legislators’ insulators and assure investors of their investments,and does the changing face of political opposition in Uganda affectinvestment?
- How can Ugandans in the Diaspora participate in Uganda’s politics?