Eng. Ziria Tibalwa Waako
Eng. Waako is the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Electricity Regulatory Authority, a position she assumed on 23rd March 2017. Her position involves providing strategic direction to the ERA Secretariat to ensure that the organization effectively delivers on its mandate efficiently.
She possesses over 30 years of work experience in and vast knowledge of Uganda’s Electricity sub-Sector, 15 of which have been at Senior Management Level. She holds a MSc. and BSc. Electrical Engineering, both from Makerere University, and a Master of Business Administration in Leadership from Walden University, USA.
Eng. Waako is a Registered Engineer with the Uganda Institute of Professional Engineers and the National Engineers Registration Board; as well as a Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) of New York, United States of America. She was awarded the Excellent Performance Engineers Award by the National Engineers Registration Board at its 50th Anniversary celebrations in 2019. During Eng. Waako’s tenure as Chief Executive, ERA has had various National and International Recognitions and Awards.
DAY 1 - 10 SEPT 2022 UK – UCUK PROGRAMME Day 01 - 10 SEPT 2022 – UCUK PROGRAMME
Session 2 – Oil and Gas | Energy Opportunities and Infrastructure in Uganda
- Oil and Gas | Energy Opportunities and Infrastructure in Uganda
Presentation on Uganda’s energy sector updates
- The rationale behind oil and gas development in Uganda – the consequences of energy poverty
- How is Gridworks/UK Government contributing to industrial development in Uganda/Africa
- Independence in regulation is key for energy sector development – how is ERA achieving this?
- What can Uganda’s oil sector learn from Nigeria?
- How is UNOC spearheading involvement of Ugandans in oil and gas?
- Does the current tax regime support development of the energy sector in Uganda?
One on One meetings with Key government officials from oil sector
- Coordinated by: Eric Olanya and Louis Arinaitwe