UK Convention’s Flashback: Round table discussion with Ugandan Members of Parliament at 2014 Uganda-UK Convention
i. To share experiences and exposure with other institutions on how to deliver effective, efficient and sustainable Parliamentary services to Ugandans in the Diaspora;
ii. To consult and coordinate with Ugandans in the Diaspora on their expectations, needs and initiatives of the Parliament of Uganda and;
iii. To draw a clear road-map for delivering effective and efficient Parliamentary Services to Ugandans in the Diaspora.
iv. Updates on Infrastructure development such as electricity, water, roads, etc.
v. Policies on Safety & security of person and investments
vi. Dual citizenship and legal implications of Diaspora owning Mailo-land etc.
vii. Reverse brain drain. How the government is attracting its high skilled citizens.
– Moderator: A.A. Nabasumba , Diaspora Desk Officer
– Hon. Wafula Oguttu, opposition leader in the parliament
– Hon. Mathias Kasamba, Member of Parliament
– Catherine Kakai, Diaspora representative
– WK. Geoffrey Lutaaya, Diaspora representative
– Hon Lilly Adongo
– Hon. Michael Ayepa
– Hon Simon Mulongo