Delegates response to presentations on investment opportunities in the agri-culture and horticulture sectors. How to improve agriculture methods, agricultural mechanization, food security and increasing yield in Uganda.
Moderator: Ambassador Nimisha Madhvani, Uganda Ambassador to France
– Mr Nuradin Osman, MD, Africa & Middle East for AGCO (Massey Ferguson)
– H.E. Joyce Kikafunda, High Commissioner to the UK, a professor of agriculture and food science
– Eng. Dr. Frank B. Sebbowa, Executive Director, Uganda Investment Authority
– Hon Cecilia Ogwal, the Oppositional Chief Whip
– Hon. Wafula Oguttu, Leader of Opposition in Parliament
Uganda Convention UK’s vision is to harness the tremendous skills, expertise and knowledgebase of the Ugandan Diaspora with a view to promote socio-economic and infrastructural development back in Uganda. Uganda Convention provide a platform for exchanges of views and networking to Ugandan Diasporas on matters of common interest and concern to them. Also help the Government of Uganda to better understand and appreciate the expectations of Ugandan Diasporas community from the land of their ancestors and more importantly, acknowledge the important role played by them in Uganda’s efforts to acquire its rightful place in the comity of nations.