At the 9th Uganda-UK Trade & Investment Convention – FRIDAY, 13TH SEPTEMBER 2019 – London Hilton on Park Lane 22 Park Lane, London, W1K 1BE | Main theme: “UNLOCKING UGANDA’S INVESTMENT POTENTIAL” | Sub theme: “Fintech – Unlocking Uganda’s Potential”
Areas of discussion:
– Need for the public sector and private investors and businesses to work co-operatively if businesses are to thrive and sustained in Uganda.
– Need for essential infrastructure and institutions that must be in place to sustain the private sector.
– Uganda Freezone-Free Trade Area, and Achieving “Made/Assembled in Uganda/Africa” (Richard Jabo, ED, Uganda Free Trade Zone)
– Facilitating efficient movement of goods across borders (Richard Jabo, ED, Uganda Free Trade Zone)
– Improvements to attract more Private Equity (PE) transactions (governance or legislation) for leveling the PE field with western countries. (Subhash V Thakrar).
Moderator: Edward Katende, CEO, Uganda Agribusiness Alliance
– Subhash V Thakrar B com FCA FRSA-Vice President and Past Chairman, London Chamber of Commerce
– Hon. Betty Kamya, Minister for Kampala Capital City Authority
– Richard Jabo, Executive Director, Uganda Free Trade Zone
– James Mugerwa, Managing Director, Pearl Marina Development Ltd
– Johnson K. Nyeko, Md, The Benconolly Group | Chairman, Mandulis Energy
– Eric Olanya, Country Director, Uganda, Department for International Trade, British High Commission