Presenting on opportunities availed by the returned properties.
Effective 1st August 2013 , Buganda Kingdom properties formerly confiscated by the Central government in 1966 were returned.
The return was enshrined in an Agreement executed between H.M The Kabaka of Buganda and H.E The President of Uganda.
List of the returned Estate:
– Former estate of the kingdom comprised in land in Urban centers/towns
– Land where former administrative headquarters i.e. Gombololas and – Masazas were situated.
– Land not claimed, utilized or occupied by any lawful or bonafide occupant in the rural or peri-urban areas.
– Land on Mityana Rd (Jeza Farm).
– Former Buganda Kingdom markets.
– Properties formally belonging to the Kingdom but had been transferred to Govt.