Good Reason to Invest in Uganda in 2014
“Theme: Uganda is open for business!
“This is the time to invest and take a position in Africa, and more so, focus on Uganda, as Uganda lies in the heart of Africa” Patrick Bitature, Entrepreneur and Industrialist
On 13th Sept 2014, investors, business leaders, friends of Uganda and well-wishers will attend the 4th Ugandan Diaspora UK Trade and Investment Forum in London.
Everyone interested in investing or doing business in Uganda should attend this unique event! The Convention is the largest Ugandan gathering in Europe. It attracts over 2000 delegates from all over the world.
At the 2013 Convention, Hon. Edward Kiwanuka Ssekandi, Vice President of Uganda said that “the road to development and growth is partly vested in investment by local Ugandans and foreign investors.”
Uganda has now a population of 35 million people with a GDP of US$21.5 billion with an annual growth of 5.8%.
Uganda is part of the regional trade partnership, the East African Community (5 member states), Great Lakes (4 member States), COMESA (19 member States) – with an accessible market size of 489 million people.
Uganda is endowed with natural resources such as oil &gas, wildlife (Big 5), minerals (vermiculite, phosphates, cobalt, gold, limestone), flora & fauna, all year balanced climate, and rich arable soils (coffee, cotton, tea, spices, vegetables).
Why invest in Uganda?
- Economic and political stability
- Peace & Security
- English is the official language
- Strategic regional location
- Conducive climatic conditions
- Literacy rate at 69%
- Resources (fresh water for HEP, minerals, oil & gas, flora &fauna, wildlife)
- ICT-developed telecom infrastructure
- Youthful population labour force
- Access to bigger markets through Trade Partnerships (EAC, COMESA, Great Lakes)
Investment Priorities/ Opportunities for Uganda Vision 20/40
- Storage Infrastructure
- Tourism Infrastructure
- Transport /Logistics Infrastructure
- Information, and Communication Technologies- ICT
- Oil and Gas & Mining
- Services – Health, Education, Financial services ( cooperative bank)
- Agro-processing- Coffee, Cotton, Tea, Grains, and Fruits
- Packaging industries
- Quality and standards infrastructure- testing and inspection services
- Subsidies on initial acquiring Plant & Equipment up to 75% of established cost base
- Subsidies on industrial building of up to 20%
- Up to 100% reclaimable expenditure, incurred on training local content, mineral exploration, and scientific research in the year of incurred expenditure
- 10 year Corporation Tax holiday on businesses operating in Export Processing Zones
- Duty exemption on raw materials Plant & Machinery
- No export tax on applicable products
- Exemption of withholding tax on interest accrued on external loans
- Relief from double taxations on repatriated dividends
“The International Monetary Fund (IMF) forecasts that 11 of the World’s fastest growing economies of over 5% (including Uganda) through to 2017, will be in Africa.
Therefore Africa is the future. Let UGANDA be your starting point TODAY!
“…There are two Kings in the modern world: the entrepreneur and the consumer. Today, much of Africa has got one King ─ a capable and growing consumer society; the only King that is missing is the entrepreneur King….” President of Uganda, H.E. Yoweri Kaguta Museveni
Join us on the day and meet the people who can truly transform the business landscape of Uganda. Become part of this amazing development! Become the King Entrepreneur that Ugandan needs today!
The Ugandan Convention UK 2014 is an event truly not to be missed!
…and of course, join us at the after-party to get a taste of true African culture, music and dance!
DATE: Saturday, 13 September 2014 | TIME: 09.30 – 19.00
VENUE: Troxy, 490 Commercial Rd, E1 0HX London UK
Register now: www.ugandanconventionuk.org