Remarks by Dr. Mark Muyingo, MD – Neogenesis fertility centre | Untapped Investment Opportunities in Healthcare sector
At the 11th UK-Ugandan Trade and Investment
• How can Information technology be used as an enabler to improve on improved health care delivery?
Joined by other panellists:
• Ms Bernadette Lewis, Secretary General – Commonwealth Telecommunications Organisation
• Dr. Nandawula Mutema, Executive Director & Physician – Clinic at The Mall
The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic has demonstrated that every sector is dependent on the health system. This is an opportunity for Uganda to prioritize public financing for health and invest in innovations that accelerate health equity.
• Healthcare systems in Uganda still require much investment beyond the typical hospital and clinic. Where can investors and Ugandans in the Diaspora spot opportunities?
• What are those investor-friendly legislations that the government should focus on in order to encourage public-private partnerships to bridge existing gaps in health service delivery?
• Technology enabled health care systems is new reality in providing healthcare in a post COVID-19 economy. What areas in the health sector do you think will provide better investment returns in e-Health investments?