The Ugandan UK Convention is pleased to announce the participation of the Buganda Land Board at the 4th Ugandan UK Trade and Investment Forum in London on 13th September 2014 at Troxy Arena, 490 Commercial Road, E1 0HX.
The CEO of Buganda Land Board Mr. Kyewalabye-Male David will be making a presentation on Business opportunities on returned properties in Buganda Kingdom while his team will be answering questions and queries from their exhibition stall.
Buganda Land Board is a body in Buganda Kingdom, entrusted by His Majesty the Kabaka to manage the kingdom’s land and buildings. Their vision is to be a centre of excellence in Entrepreneurial Land Management and Development in Uganda and beyond, as well as facilitating communities with security of tenure and sustainable utilization of land in Buganda Kingdom and beyond for posterity.
Buganda is also endowed with untapped potential in mineral rock deposits which are foliated with granite. The Land Board will use the forum to showcase its various available investment opportunities.
- Huge deposits of quality granite stone outcrops which can be used for making hard core granite tiles, fabrication of kitchen/table counter tops, tombstones, bathroom vanity tops, jacuzzi and fireplace surrounds, stone aggregate for road construction and reinforcing buildings.
- Master planned land for real estate development in Kigo, next to Lake Victoria Serena Resort.
- Agriculture: there is vast land available for agricultural purposes in Kyaggwe.
- Prime plots: a few prime plots of land ranging from ½ – 4 acres are available around Katwe and Mengo. These plots are not totally vacant but the tenants can either be compensated or incorporated in the development.
- Land for a mass housing project in Buswa Wakiso District: this project would fill a gap in the housing sector. According to Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS), Uganda has a housing deficit of 550,000 units. About 160,000 units of this backlog are in urban areas. Kampala alone has a housing deficit of 100,000 units.
For more information about these opportunities contact the Buganda Land Board on
00256 312263741, 00256 759708095
or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Register at www.ugandanconventionuk.org