APO (African Press Organization) (www.apo-opa.com), global leader in media relations in Africa, is looking for a senior account director to join the team, based in East Africa or Dubai. The core responsibilities will ensure client satisfaction and roll out of PR activities. The candidate will have a solid background in managing crisis situation and day to day PR coordination. This position requires an individual with East African market communication experience, prior experience working remotely from colleagues based in different locations internationally. S/He will be open-minded, problem solver, and highly resourceful with outstanding organisational and communication skills. This position has strong possibilities of evolving into a bigger role after the first year. The Account Manager will have a strong general business acumen combined with experience managing demanding clients from different parts of the world. You will report directly to the CEO, and sales management.
The job requires a highly efficient and organised client manager and a team spirit to achieve company goals.
Based from a professional office center, you will need to be interested in African current affairs/or PR experience in Africa, highly articulate and an independent worker with a capacity to resolve problems quickly and manage reactive clients. Most importantly, the ideal candidate must be able to work in a non-traditional structure, fast-paced unsupervised environment and dedicated to providing professional services
- Providing excellent customer support via telephone /email and face to face
- Manage multiple client needs at one time
- Delegate tasks to team members when necessary
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Build rapport of trust with client’s team
- Provide regular communication for and to client
- Organise different agendas according to strategy
- Responsible for day to day reporting to the CEO
Desired Skills and Experience
- Superior written and spoken communication skills in English and French
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Previous experience working in PR with client or agency
- Pro-active and independent to manage its own daily agenda
- Target and results oriented , ability to meet deadlines
- Previous experience managing client with multiple locations
- Excellent presentation and personal hygiene
- Ability to think on your feet and act quickly
- Hard working, ambitious and competitive
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Please submit your application ONLINE: http://www.apo-opa.com/job_applications.php
Deadline for applications: January 10, 2015 at 12GMT.
Due to the large number of applications, only selected candidates will be notified for interview.
Please note that the application/selection process may take up to 1 months.