Anthony Kituuka, Executive Director, Equity Bank Uganda to speak at the 10th UgandaUK Investment Virtual Convention – 12th Sept2020
Mr. Kituuka will be discussing feasible investment and banking opportunities for Diaspora customers at the first virtual UK-Ugandan convention on the ???? ????????? ???? at 12PM – 2PM (UK GMT) | 2PM – 6PM (UGANDA EAT), streamed live on Youtube, Zoom and Facebook Live.
Anthony holds an MBA in Oil and Gas from Middlesex University, London and a Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics and Applied Economics from Makerere University, Uganda. He is a Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants Certificate (FCCA) and has completed an Advanced Management Program from Strathmore, Lagos and IESE (Spain) Business Schools as well as several other executive leadership programs at Gordon Institute of Business and INSEAD. He has over 13 years banking experience and has previously worked with Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB) and Barclays Bank Uganda Limited. He joined Equity Bank in 2014 and was previously the Group Executive Director for Regional Subsidiaries.
Ugandans in the Diaspora are offered by Equity Bank an easy platform to run bank accounts back home at their convenience thanks to e-banking services that have been introduced to them by Equity Bank Uganda.
Download the programme https://www.ugandanconventionuk.org/download-brochure/
The convention is honoured also to host ??? ????? ???????? ?????? ????????, (?????) ??????????? ?? ??????? as the keynote speaker on “Recognising Women in building a post covid-19 equal, inclusive and resilient Uganda”.
Speakers | Panellists include:
- – Ambassador Peter West British High Commissioner to Uganda
- – H.E Amb. Julius Peter Moto, Uganda’s High Commissioner to UK
- – Michael. K. Mugabi, Managing Director, Housing Finance Bank Ltd
- – Anthony Kituuka, Executive Director, Equity Bank Uganda LTD
- – Mathias Katamba, Managing Director, DFCU Bank
- – Eric Olanya, Head of Trade, DIT, British High Commission in Kampala
- – Judy Rugasira Kyanda, Managing Director Knight Frank Uganda
- – Bernard Robinson Magulu, Executive Director, Bank of Africa
- – Allan Mugisha, CEO SM Cathan
- – Paul Omara, Non-Exec. Director, ICEA Lion Uganda
- – Perez Ochieng, Director & CEO at SACOMA
- – Edward Katende, CEO, Uganda Agribusiness Alliance
- – Peter Kimbowa, IFE consults
- – Geoffrey Ssemaganda, CEO Action Wealth
- – Joseph Kiggundu, Director, One Stop Centre, UIA
- – Qusai Haidry, Fakhruddin Properties
- – Dr. Emmy Wasirwa, Director, WANA SOLUTIONS LTD
- – Phiona Mbabazi Naava – General Manager – MINT HOMES
- – Cissy Namaganda, CEO Cinam Investments
- – Abbas Rasheed, General Manager, Universal Properties
- – And many others
???? ?????? ?? ??????????
- How has the Covid Crisis impacted the real estate sector and what opportunities has it presented on both the supply and demand side.
- What are some of the key building blocks to an equitable post covid recovery of the real estate sector? Will the sector be able to bounce back?
- Price & Yield Comparison: Reviewing current rental income, Is return on investment (ROI) in rental properties making any business sense considering the rental value vs cost of investment?
Understanding Property Values:
- How have property values changed over the past 5 years and what do we expect to see going forward? What factors are dictating these trends?
- What advice would you give to the Ugandan diaspora who wants to own a home in Uganda?
- From a developer’s viewpoint, how do you define affordable to the Ugandan diaspora who wants to invest in property back home?
- The affordable housing sector in Uganda has given the real estate sector a shift with new developers disrupting the market with affordable properties. The surge is boosted by foreign developers with access to cheap loans. What is the current state of affordable housing? And what opportunities do you see for the local developers?
- Condominium ownership has become part affordable housing, what is condominium ownership and what does it mean for one to invest in condominium property?
- How can affordable housing projects be made commercially viable for developers?
- what are the unique challenges from a real estate project delivery perspective in Uganda?
- What steps can be taken to reduce the affordable housing shortage? And what is the expected demand for affordable housing?
Bridging the Financial gap in the real estate sector:
- What are the alternative financing solutions that the bank has provided to investors in the real estate sector to make housing credit affordable (developers and the rest)?
- COVID 19 has had a huge impact on the real estate sector, how have banks come in to support and ensure we don’t see a collapse in the sector?
- What are the innovative ways that can be used by Ugandans in the diaspora to build financial capacity to invest in real estate development? A case of investment clubs, joint ventures, saccos
FINANCE AND BANKING: SAVING IN AN INVESTMENT CLUBS AND DIASPORA REMITTANCES.
- Why are investment clubs and Saccos becoming a key investment vehicle and what are some of the initiatives/solutions that the bank has put in place that will benefit the Ugandans in the diaspora
- Remittances and Beyond: COVID 19 impacts: COVID-19 encourages a transformation from cash-based transactions to technology-enabled formats such as mobile money. Many alternative platforms already exist, for example, Moneygram, WorldRemit or Western Union. However, these platforms are not preferred because of high exchange rates and fees. Is there plans by the banking sector to reduce exchange rates and fees?
AGRIBUSINESS: UNTAPPED INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES
- What are the challenges and requirements for Agro-products from Uganda to access the European market?
- Which are the sub-sectors within Agro-processing sectors with greatest potential to bring Uganda and UK investments while boosting global exports from Uganda?
- The role of Staple Crop Processing Zones in laying out the foundation for Uganda’s Agro-industrialisation and contribution to lifting millions of Africans out of poverty.
- How to support entrepreneurs in the Agri sector (notably “initial stage” project developers) to develop bankable projects and crowd-in investments.
???????? now for updates and alerts: www.ugandanconventionuk.org/