To keep up the momentum from last year’s successful 1st Convention, this year we are
focusing on particular sectors, which include investing in the agriculture, real estate, fi –
nancial sector, discussing the imminent introduction of the Diaspora bond as well as
exploring all facets and benefi ts offered by the bond to Diasporans.
Uganda has been pursuing a deliberate Policy to stimulate investments and enhance the expansion of economic activities. To this end, numerous opportunities now abound in several sectors, such as:
1. Agriculture and Agro Processing (Crops and Livestock);
2. Energy for Rural Transformation;
3. Tourism (Resorts, Hotels and Game/Forest parks);
4. Packaging, Printing and Publishing;
5. Services (Information & Communication Technology [ICT], Finance, Education and Medical); etc.
Uganda is the Pearl of Africa, with a population of 33 million warm people, excellent climatic conditions, fertile soils and beautiful scenery all over. It is also important to note that Uganda is a stable and fully liberalized economy, which has maintained an annual average growth rate of approximately 6.5% in the last 20 years.