Sector Panel Discussion: Opportunity Uganda
Address: Rt Hon. Rebecca Alitwala Kadaga, Speaker of the Ugandan Parliament
An introduction to the broad investment thesis and why now is the time for Diasporas and investors to be exploring opportunities in Uganda. Main focus on: Manufacturing, Real Estate, Housing, Tourism and Health.
Moderator: Joel Kibazo, JK Associates
1. Lynda Chalker, Baroness Chalker of Wallasey
2. Dr Andrew G. Seguya, Ag. Executive Director, CEO | Uganda Wildlife Authority
3. Jolly K. Kaguhangire, Commissioner – Uganda Revenue Authority
4. Mr. Gideon Badagawa, Ex. Dir. of Private Sector Foundation Uganda (PSFU)
5. Mr. Sebaggala M. Kigozi, Executive Director — Uganda Manufacturing Association (UMA)
6. Amb. Agnes Kalibbala, Director for Housing – Ministry of Lands and Housing
Check out a series of business ideas:
Uganda is no stranger to investment: it has consistently attracted the highest levels of foreign direct investment in the East Africa Community region over the past five years. In 2010 alone, Uganda attracted FDI of up to US$ 848 million because of several reasons; including a predictable investment environment, a fully liberalised economy, good market access, a strong natural resource base and a commitment to the private sector by the government.