FIRST LADY Janet Museveni is expected in London, United Kingdom where she is going to encourage investors to Uganda.
Snoops say she is expected to speak at Ugandan Convention UK scheduled to take place on September 15, 2012 at Troxy, 490 Commercial Road, London El OHX. Ugandans in the Diaspora are flocking London to not only interface with the First Lady but to also participate in the mini celebration of Uganda’s fifty years of independence.
“One of the things our first lady will discuss is how Ugandans in the Diaspora can explore business opportunities in Uganda,” a snoop familiar with the arrangement was heard saying.
The event will offer a premier learning platform on new perspectives, and getting to ‘feel the pulse’ of doing business in Uganda.The Diaspora is a powerful force whose annual remittances to the country amount to US2bn. Senior politicians who have confirmed attendance include. Vice President Edward Ssekandi, Speaker Rebecca Kadaga, and Lands Minister Daudi Migereko.
Confirmed attendance and these includes;
• Hon.Edward Ssekandi, H.E. The Vice President of Uganda
• H.E. Mrs. Janet Kataaha Museveni, First Lady of the Republic of Uganda
• Hon. Tress Bucyanayandi, Minister of Agriculture, Animal/Fisheries
• The Rt. Hon Rebecca Kadaga, Speaker of Parliament Republic of Uganda
• Hon. Daudi Migereko, Minister of Lands, Housing and Urban Development
• Hon. Oryem Okello, Minister of State For Foreign Affairs
• Baroness Lynda Chalker, founder Africa Matters Limited (AML)
• Hon. Sam Engola, Minister of State for Housing
• Mr Elly Karuhanga, President Tullow Oil – Uganda
• Maggie Kigozi, MD, Kitchen and Office Concepts
• Hon. Gerald K. Karuhanga, Member of Parliament Youth Western Uganda
• Mr. M Kigozi, Executive Director Uganda Manufacturers Association
• Dr. Andrew Ggunga Seguya, Executive Director Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA)
• Dr. Samuel Mugasi, Executive Director, NAADS
• Jolly K. Kaguhangire, Assistant Commissioner Uganda Revenue Arthority
• And many others…